PTSD & PASS EXPLANATION
Common Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome & Post Abortion Stress Syndrome
It is not uncommon to identify or suffer most of the following symptoms. It is unusual, but many men or women can suffer from all of the following symptoms, which are common to persons who have experienced one or more abortions.
The occurrence of the symptoms can vary between never, sometimes, or often.
• Anguish over your decision
• Anxiety or panic
• Can’t forgive yourself
• Crying spells
• Disruption of interpersonal relationships
• Emotional numbness
• Fear of others finding out about the abortion(s)
• Fear of pregnancy
• Inability to relax
• Flashbacks or nightmares
• Reduced motivation
• Self degrading and self punishing behavior
• Suicidal thoughts
• Uneasy around babies
• Unprovoked sad moods
• Substance Abuse
• Prescription drugs
• Illegal drugs
• Excessive sleeping
• Unable to sleep
• Eating Disorder
• Excessive desire to become pregnant
• Fear of relationships
• Lack of intimacy with:
Am I Suffering From Post Abortion Stress?
Ask yourself these questions and answer yes or no:
• Do you find yourself struggling to turn off the feelings connected to your abortion(s), perhaps telling yourself to forget about it?
• Do physical reminders of your abortion(s) affect you?
• Are there certain times of the year when you find yourself depressed, sick, or accident-prone?
• Are you in a situation where you could find yourself faced with another unwanted pregnancy?
• Have you experienced any peculiar reaction relating to the abortion experiences such as nightmares, flashbacks or hallucinations?
• Have you had any suicidal thoughts since your abortion(s)?
• When choosing to share about your abortion(s), are you overcome with strong feelings?
• Has your self-esteem changed?
• Do you feel you will never be able to have children?
• Do you over protect the children that you have?
• Do you tend to look at your life in terms of ‘before’ and ‘after’ the abortion(s)?
• Sexual abuse
• Physical abuse
• Forced abortion
• How many abortions?
• Date(s) of your abortion(s) _______________________________________
These symptoms and behaviors can apply to a woman or a man who has experienced one or more abortion(s). You are not alone and you are not weak nor crazy. There are millions of men and women who suffer from most of the above symptoms due to an abortion experience(s). Do not delay healing for your wounded emotions any longer?
There is hope ~ there is healing ~ there is help ~ the pain can stop!
Click here to register for a 10-week group in Houston Texas